Home » Nursing Diagnosis Appendicitis : Pain - Impaired skin integrity - Anxiety » Nursing Diagnosis Appendicitis : Pain, Impaired skin integrity, Anxiety
The nurses in the short stay unit identify the following nursing diagnoses for Ms. Lynn after surgery.
• Impaired skin integrity, related to surgical incisions
• Pain, related to surgical intervention
• Anxiety, related to situational crisis
The expected outcomes for the plan of care are:
• Incisions will heal without infection or complications.
• Will verbalize adequate pain relief.
• Will verbalize decreased anxiety.
• Returns to preoperative activities.
PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION
The following nursing interventions are planned
and implemented for Ms. Lynn.
• Assess pain using a pain scale; provide analgesics as needed.
• Teach pain management following discharge.
• Teach abdominal splinting during coughing, turning, or ambulating as needed.
• Teach home care of incisions.
• Discuss activity limitations as ordered.
• Instruct to report fever or warmth, redness, or drainage from
On discharge the following evening, Ms. Lynn is fully ambulatory.
Her appetite has returned, and she is tolerating food and fluids
well. Her temperature is normal.The nurse provides Ms. Lynn with
written and verbal information on postoperative care following an
All About Nursing
- Acute Pain related to Gastritis
- Decreased Cardiac output related to Hypertension
- Deficient Fluid Volume related to Diabetic Ketoacidosis
- Disturbed Sleep Pattern related to Alzheimer's Disease
- Dysentery - Nursing Diagnosis and Interventions
- Geriatric Nursing Alzheimer's Disease Assessment
- Ineffective Breathing Pattern related to Pleural Effusion
- Mental Health Nursing Care for the Elderly
- Nursing Care Plan for Elderly with (Acute Chronic) Gastritis
- Nursing Care Plan for Glaucoma - 5 Nursing Diagnosis
- Nursing Care Plan for Menieres Disease
- Nursing Diagnosis for Premature Rupture of Membranes
- Nursing Interventions for Shock
- Nursing Management for Malignant Lymphoma
- Pediatric Nursing Management for Dehydration
- Preoperative Nursing Interventions for Apendicitis